When 9-year-old Jayline Barbosa Brandao’s parents were overwhelmed by carbon monoxide produced by a backup generator in October,The girl in Brockton, Massachusetts, acted immediately. She unlocked her father’s iPhone with Face ID and called emergency services.It was learned that on October 28, local time, Brandao heard her father’s shout in bed. She ran to her parents’ room and found that her mother was overwhelmed by odorless gas, and her father soon lost consciousness.
“I thought it was just a headache, and then I didn’t feel anymore after two to three minutes,” the girl’s mother Marcelina Brandao told the media.
So Brandao immediately reached out to get her father’siPhoneHe raised it to his father to unlock the device. It is unclear whether the iPhone’s attention awareness function is enabled. This security measure requires users to take a look at their devices before authorizing entry.
After dialing the emergency service number, the little girl led her 7-year-old sister outside to seek help from neighbors. Soon, Brandao’s family was sent to the hospital for treatment, and all of them performed well.
“She’s so smart,” Brandao’s mother said, “It’s very scary. If (she) didn’t call immediately, I really don’t know what would happen.”
It is reported that the Brandao family installed a borrowed generator after a power outage three days after the strong north wind caused damage to large areas of the east coast. Although the generator was turned off and brought indoors after only a few minutes of operation outdoors, carbon dioxide penetrated the entire house at a detected concentration of 1000 ppm.
Brandao may not know that any user can follow the on-screen prompts to call emergency services on a locked iPhone.AppleIt also provides an emergency help function, as long as you press the iPhone volume and side buttons at the same time, you can automatically dial the local emergency number.