Tonight, Nikon officially released the Z-series flagship full-frame mirrorless digital camera Z 9. The Z 9 is the flagship model of Nikon’s Z-series mirrorless digital camera. It brings together Nikon’s leading technology to provide high-performance photo and video performance. Thanks to the newly developed stacked CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 7 image processor, the powerful autofocus performance of Nikon cameras is realized.
The autofocus system can detect 9 types of subjects during photo shooting and video recording: people, dogs, cats, birds, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, trains, and airplanes. Using this autofocus system, you can reliably capture the decisive moments of different shooting subjects.
Due to the fast scanning speed of the CMOS sensor, smaller rolling shutter distortion is achieved. For the first time, the Z 9 realizes a design that does not require a mechanical shutter, allowing users to take a large number of shots without worrying about shutter wear or malfunction. In addition, the VR shock-absorbing safety lock protects the sensor from the risk of damage caused by accidental movement when the power is cut off (such as shaking during bumpy off-road driving)
On the Nikon Z 9, you can record up to 125 minutes of 8K/30P video, and you can also record4KUHD/120p/60p/30p video, and can record 10-bit N-Log and HLG, and is compatible with ProRes 422 HQ recording format. With the firmware update in the future, 8K/60P video recording and 12bit RAW video recording will also be brought.
Thanks to Nikon’s dual workflow technology, newly developed stacked CMOS image sensor and new EXPEED 7 image processor, it can simultaneously process the image displayed on the electronic viewfinder (EVF) and LCD monitor, and simultaneously record photo shooting data. Unlike traditional black screen shooting that displays the same frame in order to prevent the viewfinder image from being interrupted, this viewfinder can continuously display the actual movement of the subject in the scene. In addition, the viewfinder uses a Quad-VGA panel, and the brightness can be manually increased to 3000cd/m2. Even when shooting outdoors under strong sunlight, the user can clearly identify the subject.
Other features of Nikon Z 9
• Approximately 45.71 million effective pixels provide high resolution, which can successfully exploit the high performance of NIKKOR Z mount lenses.
• High-efficiency RAW provides high-quality images at the same level as traditional uncompressed RAW, and the file size is about 1/3 of that of traditional uncompressed RAW.
• Continuously shoot more than 1,000 images in JPEG and RAW file formats at a speed of approximately 20 frames per second.
• Image sensor dustproof measures provide double coating and sensor protection cover.
• Supports ISO 64 sensitivity and a shutter speed of 1/32000 seconds to expand the creative expression range of fast lenses.
• The silent mode greatly reduces the operating sound of in-camera/in-lens VR vibration reduction, so you can shoot indoor events such as dramas, press conferences, and weddings.
• The sound of the electronic shutter can be set to three different volume levels to notify the subject of the shutter release in scenes such as portrait shooting.
• Compatible with type B CFexpress memory card with faster writing speed, support 8K UHD video recording and high-pixel high-speed continuous shooting.
• Support multiple image transmission functions, compatible with 1000BASE-T wired LAN and built-in wireless LAN.
• It adopts an integrated vertical vertical shooting handle design, which is about 20% smaller than the Nikon D6.