As shown in the figure, through this update, Edge Dev has allowed users to permanently fix widgets to the sidebar of the browser. Interested friends can click the pushpin icon in the right corner of the screen to arrange the Edge Bar vertically on the sidebar.
alsoMicrosoftA special extension menu in the toolbar is enabled by default, which provides a more interesting way to manage the extensions installed in the browser.
There is also the function of registering the browser as an XML file handler in the settings, supplemented by some management policy updates (used to control screenshots and discovery, etc.).
The following is the complete change log of Edge Dev (Build 97.0.1069.0):
● Supports pinning the Edge Bar to the sidebar of the browser.
● The extended menu is enabled by default (Edge 96 Beta version is also enabled).
● The Edge browser can be registered as an XML file handler in the system settings.
● An experimental WebView 2 API has been added to allow any website to be displayed in an iframe (feedback).
Management strategy improvements (documents and management templates or not yet updated):
● Add a management policy to control whether to enable Edge Discover (allowing Bing to search for content related to the current page).
● Enable Chromium management policy support to control screenshots in a more granular way.
● Serial Allow All Ports For Urls and Serial Allow Usb Devices For Urls can be set.
Finally, the Edge Insider team announced plans to release the latest Edge 97 version next week. However, due to the upcoming holidays, this version may be properly postponed before being transferred to the Beta channel.