Kioxia is sampling consumer-grade embedded flash memory products compliant with the new JEDEC eMMC Ver 5.1 standard
It is reported that, as an industry-leading supplier of consumer applications/mobile storage products, Kioxia has been actively supporting e-MMC solutions since 2007, and became a follow-up solution for e-MMC with higher price in early 2013 (UFS) supplier.
Today, Kioxia’s e-MMC and UFS solutions have been widely used, covering various storage densities from 4GB to 1TB.
The new mid-range capacity products released today not only provide 64/128GB capacity options, but also integrate flash memory + master control in a single package.
The following are the main features of the new consumer e-MMC based on the latest generation BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory:
● Improve the architecture, reduce internal write amplification, and achieve more stable continuous write performance.
● Pre-programmed user data for higher reliability before customer manufacturing process/send reflow.
● The time from idle to automatic sleep is reduced by 100×6 compared with the previous generation, which helps to prolong battery life.
● Achieve faster performance by accessing multiple dies within the device.
● Supports the JEDEC eMMC 5.1 standard (HS400) for faster interface rates.
Scott Beekman, vice president of storage business at Kioxia North America, said: “With the introduction of next-generation e-MMC devices, Kioxia can strengthen its market leadership by offering a broad line of high-performance products.
Going forward, Kioxia will continue to provide full support for various applications based on e-MMC embedded memory solutions. The company is currently sampling next-generation e-MMC storage products, which are expected to be generally available in October this year.