Guangzhou began accepting appointments from citizens and officially launched the registration of electric bicycles
According to the Guangzhou Traffic Police official account, on November 2, Guangzhou officially launched the registration of electric bicycles and began accepting appointments from citizens. In order to facilitate the general public to handle the registration and licensing business of electric bicycles, Guangzhou Traffic Police provides two registration modes: “Registration and licensing at police and postal outlets” and “Sales with licensing in sales stores”.Citizens can submit applications and make an appointment for registration through the WeChat official account of the “Guangzhou Traffic Police”, or choose to directly purchase electric bicycles that have been registered and installed with a license plate at a registered electric bicycle “sales” store.
The notice of the Traffic Police Detachment of the Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau on the implementation of electric bicycle registration management stated that in order to regulate the management of electric bicycles in our city, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Road Traffic Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China, the Road Traffic Safety Regulations of Guangdong Province, etc., we are now The municipal notices regarding the implementation of registration and management of electric bicycles are as follows:
1. The traffic management department of the municipal public security organ is responsible for the registration of electric bicycles. Electric bicycles driving on the road shall be registered to obtain a license plate and driving permit.
2. The registration of electric bicycles shall be handled according to the following categories:
(1) Resident personal electric bicycles that meet the (Electric Bicycle Safety Technical Specifications” (GB17761-2018, hereinafter referred to as the “new national standard”) and have obtained CCC certification shall register and issue an official number plate and driving permit with black letters on a white background with valid materials.
(2) Individual electric bicycles that are in use before the implementation of the “new national standard” and meet the “General Technical Requirements for Electric Bicycles” (GB1776-1999, referred to as the “old national standard”) or meet the “new national standard” but have not obtained CCC certification for personal use of electric bicycles, The transition period registration should be completed before September 30, 2022, and the transition period license plate and driving license shall be issued on the basis of valid materials and registration. The license plate is valid until November 30, 2023.
(3) Online-delivery electric bicycles that meet the “new national standard” and have obtained CCC certification shall be registered and issued with a blue and white official number plate and driving license with valid materials, and used according to the purpose of online-delivery.
3. For registration of electric bicycles, electric bicycles shall be submitted for inspection, and the originals of the following materials shall be provided: the identity certificate of the vehicle owner, the name of the vehicle’s origin, the certificate of conformity or the import certificate.
4. According to the charging items and standards of the license fee for non-motor vehicles in Guangdong Province, a license fee of 30 yuan/set will be charged for each registered electric bicycle.
5. This notice shall come into effect on November 2, 2021, and shall be valid for 5 years.