On the morning of November 2nd, Liang Rubo, CEO of Bytedance, released an internal letter today announcing the adjustment of the organizational structure.The internal letter stated that in accordance with the principle of “closely coordinated businesses and teams will be merged into business segments, and universal middle and Taiwan will develop into corporate service businesses”, the following organizational adjustments will be made to establish six business segments: Toutiao, Watermelon, Search, Encyclopedia, and The domestic vertical service business was merged into Douyin.
The skills and vocational training functions of the employee development department are transformed into a careereducateBusiness, merged into the vigorous education sector. Feishu, EE, and EA merged into Feishu business segment. Volcano Engine focuses on building an enterprise-level technical service cloud platform. Zhaoxi Guangnian is responsible for game development and distribution. TikTok is responsible for the TikTok platform business and also supports the development of overseas e-commerce and other extended businesses.
In addition, the internal letter also announced that the person in charge of each business sector will report directly to Liang Rubo. TikTok director Zhou Shouzi no longer serves as ByteDance’s CFO, and the company’s financial department reports to Liang Rubo. The letter stated that the above organizational structure and system configuration adjustments will be completed one after another.
The following is the full text of the internal letter:
The company has experienced rapid development in the past few years. We have always adjusted the organization according to business needs and continuously promoted the optimization and upgrade of the organizational structure. As the company’s business evolves and the team grows, each business faces different opportunities and challenges. In order to drive the mission, always start a business, maintain a flexible and efficient organization, and stimulate creativity, the company will follow the principle of “closely coordinated businesses and teams are merged into business segments, and the universal middle platform will develop into a corporate service business”, and the following organizational adjustments will be made and established Six business sectors:
1. Toutiao, Watermelon, Search, Encyclopedia, and domestic vertical service businesses are merged into Douyin. This sector is responsible for the overall development of domestic information and service businesses, and provides users with better content and services.
2. The skills and vocational training functions of the employee development department were transformed into vocational education business and merged into the vigorous education sector. This section focuses on the education business and is committed to establishing a lifelong education service system, covering areas such as smart learning, adult education, smart hardware, campus cooperation, etc., and hopes to serve the participants in the education ecosystem through continuous innovation, and achieve “innovative education, achieving everyone” The goal.
3. Feishu, EE, and EA merged into Feishu business segment. This section focuses on providing corporate collaboration and management services, integrating office collaboration applications such as instant communication, online documents, calendars, audio and video conferences, and providing OKR, recruitment, performance, and contract organization and management products.
4. Volcano Engine focuses on building an enterprise-level technical service cloud platform, opening up the experience methods, technical tools and platform capabilities accumulated in the development process of Bytedance to external companies, helping companies achieve continuous growth in the digital upgrade.
5. Chaoxi Guangnian is responsible for game development and distribution, providing top-level games and building player communities for global users and developers, bringing interesting and inspiring experiences to every player.
6. TikTok is responsible for the TikTok platform business and also supports the development of overseas e-commerce and other extended businesses.
The person in charge of each business sector will report to me. Zhou Shouzi, the person in charge of TikTok, no longer serves as the CFO of ByteDance, and the company’s finance department reports to me.
The above organizational structure and system configuration adjustments will be completed one after another.
Challenges are endless, and the road ahead is beautiful. I look forward to everyone continuing to work together for themselves and users of Inspire Creativity & Enrich Life.